Well, June didn’t turn May’s respite into something more 🙂 Instead, our NW ended up falling by over $72k.
Few things to note:
- Value of (all) retirement accounts fell below $900k for the first time since Mar ’21. Oof
- Value of 529 accounts fell below $40k for the first time since Apr ’21.
- Cash positions at $92k is still insanely high. A few reasons for that,
- Summer months are typically low income months for M (as schools are off)
- The *impending* recession
June has wrapped up in a spectacular burst of activities, even by our standards. Weeknights and weekends were all spent outside. We’re all sporting various levels of tan, sun burns, and sun rashes!! We were very glad to have a long and relaxing weekend of July 4th (but even that ended up with some travel to visit some family!) Activities for the spring/summer session will draw down by end of July. The next season will start back up in mid-August.
Hope you all are able to enjoy the sun. Cheers!
2 thoughts on “June 2022”
Almost a comical amount of losses across the board. I have to admit I didn’t see this coming–but then it’s nearly impossible to predict these things one way or another. All will be well, just might take a couple years to get back to all-time highs.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Exactly, all will be well in the long run. In the meantime, let’s enjoy what’s in front of us – a seemingly endless summer 🙂